Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Monday, June 16, 2008
Our survival as individuals, families and a nation is on the line in the 2008 elections.
Who you elect President and Vice-President, and to represent you in Congress will determine whether we survive or not.
HOMELAND (NATIONAL) SECURITY
EMERGENCY/DISASTER PREPAREDNESS and
MAINTAINING A STEADY FLOW OF AFFORDABLY PRICED OIL
are the priority issues in campaign 2008
If we are not safe, none of the other domestic and social issues will matter.
Individuals, churches, synagogues and schools must prepare for emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks.
Do not look to government to save us..
We must act to save ourselves!
Oil is the lifeblood of our economy and way of life.
Oil is becoming costly.
Soon it will be rationed and then not available at any price.
The United States must maintain military, naval and air forces in world oil producing regions , and on the seas to ensure a steady flow of oil to the Homeland.
The troops are not coming home! Get over it!
We must adapt our economy and way of life toward to the day when oil is scarce.
1. Secure our borders and ports
2. deal with the presence of tens of millions of poor, uneducated unskilled, non- English speaking illegal aliens who have invaded our country
3. combat terrorism and terrorists , at home and abroad
4. make emergency/disaster preparedness a priority
5. uphold 2d Amendment Right of law abiding citizens to bear arms
6. keep our national strategic oil reserve FULL
7. Drill for oil whereever it exists.
8. Develop alternative energy sources including coal,
shale oil, water power, solar and wind.
9. Farmers and farmland must grow food.
Corn for oil depletes the soil and causes steep increases in food prices.
10. Restore the Erie Canal-Hudson River waterway to move freight.
The Erie Canal made New York the Empire State. The Erie Canal will once again play a vital role in a world where oil is scarce.
11. Rebuild our railroads to move freight and passengers.
Connect urban places, suburbs and rural areas with light rail passenger lines.
12. Rebuild our central cities. Make them more livable.
Restore law and order to urban streets and schools.
Return to K-8 neighborhood schools.
13. Congress should immediately act to require
domestic and foreign vehicle manufacturers, to produce vehicles for our U. S market that get 40-50 MPG
I reaffirm my belief in the sanctity of life and
suppport English as our national language.
I support Virginia Senator Jim Webb, a naval academy graduate, combat decorated Marine and former Secretary of the Navy
for Vice President.
Being Commander In Chief is the principal role of the next President.
Senator Webb brings the military experience and credentials, to the Democratic ticket
that Barack Obama lacks.
Being an American transcends ethnic and racial diversity, gender, religion, political party and sexual orientation.
Homeland (National) Security is the PRIORITY ISSUE
in 2008 and beyond.
If we are not safe, and we can not, in the short run,
ensure the availabilty of affordably priced oil;
our economy will crumble, our way of life will disappear
and our country will cease to exist.
Go to my website for more
(lonerangeralbany at journals.aol.com)
Anti Terror Hotline is 1 866 SAFE NYS ( 723 3697)
For emergency/disaster preparedness information
go to www.ready.gov
J P Sullivan
Friday, June 13, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
SULLIVAN ON ENERGY
The oil crisis is real and it will get worse. Oil is the lifeblood of our economy and way of life.
Politicians in Washington and Albany are posturing, but doing little or nothing to provide the public with relief from the rapidly escalating costs of gasoline, diesel, home heating oil, natural gas and electricity.
These politicians have failed to take effective, immediate short run, and long term steps to deal with our energy crisis.
In the short term the public is on it's own. We must adapt our way of life to use less fuel, and other forms of energy. Driving less, car pooling, driving at slower speeds, keeping on vehicles in peak performance, lowering the thermostat in winter, insulating our homes, keep thermostats down in work places, schools and other public buildings, using less lighting in homes, shopping plazas and public places and so. In a word conservation.
Transportation for organized sports at schools, colleges and for professional sports will have to be curtailed or eliminated altogether.
At the same time we must demand that the Congress and state government stop the partisan posturing on the energy crisis and enact immediate, short term relief. at at the same time, take action to provide long term relief.
Short term, federal and state governments, must suspend collection of federal and state taxes on gasoline, diesel and home heating oil.
Congress and the state legislature must not adjourn this year without passing concrete legislation aimed at long term solutions to the energy crisis.
1. Authorize drilling for oil in Anwar and in offshore U.S waters,
2. Authorize rapid expansion of alternative energy production, including coal, water power and wind turbines, recognizing that it may be a decade or more before these alternative energy sources are on line.
2. Mandate that automakers make a crash program to produce vehicles that get 40 to 50, or more miles per gallon of gasoline. Note that electric or battery powered vehicles have a short range and may be an option in urban areas, but, in the vastness of our country, more MPG is the immediate need.
3. Improve repair and expansion of rail road building. Rail will eventually replace long haul trucking as a means of moving freight and automobiles for commuting to and from work.
4. Reform and shorten Congressional sessions and travel by adopting telecommuting as an alternative. Stream line legislative calendars, eliminate dead end legislation that is going nowhere, and amounts to political partisan grandstanding or posturing.
New York State should:
1. Take steps to expnad and improve railroads for movement of freight and passengers.
2. Move quickly to restore the Erie Canal and Hudson River ( and port facilties) as highways for transporting heavy freight. The building of the Erie Canal , put lots of people to work, and made New York The Empire State. 80 per cent of the state's population still resides along the Erie Canal-Hudson River corridor.
3. Reform and streamline the state legislature by adopting telecommuting, reduce needless and expensive travel and per diems, and limiting the length of sessions, introduction of legislation and legislative session agendas to only meaningful bills that have sponsorship in both houses.
The above are but a few of the steps that should be considered for action, now, buy individuals, families, groups, institutions, state government and Congress.
Let's get cracking!
J P Sullivan
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION MUST BE DEALT WITH NOW!
Times are tough and they will get much worse, sooner than the public realizes.
We can not have tens of millions of uneducated, poor, non-English speaking illegal aliens violating our national sovereignty, and placing a burden on our law enforcement, health care system, schools, prisions and social services. Many are out on the highways and city streets of America, driving unlicensed and uninsured, causing fatal accidents.
We are being held hostage by oil producing parts of the world, most of whom are hostile to us and who wish to see lifeboat America capsize. Not only is oil growing more costly, soon it will be rationed and then maybe not available at any price. When this happens, our economy and way of life will crumble.
Chaos, turmoil , violence and civil disorder will follow. Martial Law will be decreed.
Competition for work, fuel, food and other necesseties of life will be intense.
Americans who once turned their backs on menial jobs, laboring and farm work, will seek out that work as they and their families struggle to survive.
So, the illegals must go home, now. The Congress must act to provide that no one works, votes, or receives any form of social servive, medical and educational benefits without proof of U S citizenship. Illegals would soon voluntarily go home.
One third of the U S prison population is made up of illegal aliens. They should be deported without delay.
The very survival of our nation is on the line. We can not tolerate the Trojan Horse of illegal immigration to hasten our demise. Sure, some illegals are simply here looking for a better life. Far too many others are not. Included in this surge of illegals are many OTM's (other than Mexicans) who are the foot soldiers of the foreign terrorists who are sworn to our destruction.
It follows that our national borders and ports must be secured without delay. Failure to do this has been one of the greatest failures of the Bush Administration, and the Clinton Administration before that.
Politicians running for President and Congress, in 2008 must stop pandering to Latinos and other 3rd world immigrants, legal and illegal, just to get votes. Those who came here legally,and who have become Americans, do not want to see America destroyed by tens of millions of poor, uneducated 3rd world illegal aliens. So wise up politicians!
Ponder George Carlin's proposed solution to the problem:
> George Carlin's
> Solution to Save Gasoline
> Bush wants us to
> cut the amount of gas we use.....
> The best way to
> stop using so much gas is to deport 11-20 million illegal immigrants!
> That would be 11-20
> million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come
> Bring our troops
> home from Iraq to guard the Border.....
> When they catch an
> illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and
> some ammo and ship him to Iraq ...
> Tell him if he
> wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the military....
> Give him a
> soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it.....
> After his tour, he
> will be allowed to become a citizen since he de fended this
> He will also be
> registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot.....
> This option will
> probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the
> troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for
> themselves.. ....
> If they refuse to
> serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or
> If you
> think this is a good solution to both the problems, forward it to your
> friends. ...........
J P Sullivan
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
WEBB FOR OBAMAS VICE PRESIDENT