Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2006

Albany HS Violence

Brian,
I'm unsure that interim-Principal Fantroy-Ford's letter properly portrayed the seriousness of the issue addressed in your news article. I would suggest that this was not merely "inappropriate behavior" but rather criminal behavior. I can think of many things that may have been inappropriate behaviors when I was a student at Albany High School (AHS), but stabbing someone with a knife goes way beyond "inappropriate." As a US Army Soldier currently serving in our War on Terrorism and an alumnus of AHS, I am truly saddened that AHS is no longer a safe place to learn as it was for me in the late 70's when Mayor Jennings was the administrator of Albany High's South House. We must separate the criminals from the AHS student body. Once again, we must make Albany High School a safe learning environment for all "appropriate" students.
Go Falcons!
 
Sincerely,
Joseph P. Sullivan III
Lieutenant Colonel, Infantry
Afghanistan
AHS Class of 1980

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this school district is a disaster!