Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

RIP RED PADDY
and SPOTTED MICK

Dogs are the most loyal of God's creatures.

Mick passed away at 1 PM EST today as I held him close.
He had one ear up listening to my last words to him
His eyes were fixed on something I could not see. Suddenly, he started to run in place at full speed. He slipped away at a slow trot.

As he lay there he was standing tall, as dogs do when they meet.
I knew that he had rushed to meet his brother Red Paddy
who crossed the great divide at Noon, October 25, 2016. Paddy
refused to eat his cheddar cheese omelette, but agreed to share
at bottle of Bavarian Malt Lager before he slipped away.

They were litter mates who were never separated in life, or in death.
15 wonderful years we spent together. Paddy and Mick are
together again, this time forever more.

I am now, truly the lonerangeralbany without my loyal sidekicks.
RIP Red Paddy and Spotted Mick. Please God, we will one day be
reunited for eternity.

You can read Paddy and Mick's Dog letter to the Ayatollah
responding to his Dog Fatwa. Click on the link right column .

Listen to this song in memory of Red Paddy and Spotted Mick:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-bc4q6JWz4

                                                  Joe  Sullivan





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joe so sorry for your loss . My little dog is 9 his name is Brandy and already i see signs of his aging and i know he won't be with me much longer as his breed does not live past 12 years. I wonder how so many years have passed us by so quickly i have been lucky with him. not once have i had an issue with his needing veterinary care. Your words brought a tear to my eye . A dog is truly the most loyal companion a man or woman could have. he sleeps next to me each night and whatever i eat for dinner he does too. he is my companion when i garden or whatever it is i may be doing .
Joe We are family you and I though distant and i couldn't say exactly how we connect. my great grandfather Patrick Joseph was from Kilough west on the beara peninsula. Sometime ago my cousin Rick Sullivan contacted you and the 2 of you corresponded back and forth about our family connection. I think i may have commented on one of your post but not sure if you wrote me back. i was just looking at the dna for O'sullivans and your blog popped up . Saw this notation on your blog and thought i would offer a condolence from me as my dog means the world to me too. Gina