HOW TO DO A WRITE IN VOTE
IN THE NOVEMBER 3 ELECTION
CITY OF ALBANY, NY
for COMMON COUNCIL, Ward 14
Bring a #2 pencil with you to the poll
for the purpose of your write in vote.
Pens often fail when writing on a
horizontal, hard surface.
Before you enter the voting booth:
1. Study a copy of the machine ballot
posted on the polling place wall
2. Review the posted instructions
on how to do a write in vote on
the voting machine
3. Request assistance from Poll
Inspectors on how to do a write in
if you need further help
Enter the voting booth
I. close the curtain by shifting the
lever to the right
2. press and HOLD the silver button at
the top of the left column of slots
3. open the slot opposite
Member Common Council, Ward 14
4. Write in (print) JOE SULLIVAN
5. release the silver button and complete
voting for the other offices on the ballot.
6. Shift the lever to the left, which records
your votes, and opens the booth curtain.
ABSENTEE BALLOT VOTERS can write
in Joe Sullivan for Member, Common Council
Ward 14, in the appropriate space on the ballot.
See instructions at top of paper ballot.
Thank you for your write in votes for
Member, Common Council Ward 14
Your write in vote for SULLIVAN sends a clear
message to politicians that you want:
1. More police presence, in ward 14, to deter
crime and control speeding traffic.
2. Emergency/disaster preparedness by
households , schools, churches, synagogues
gas stations, food and drug stores.
3. Property tax relief and improved city schools
through consolidation of schools with city
government, creation of ONE property tax roll
to support both
and return to a K-8 neighborhood
school system which is best for kids, parents
taxpayers and neighborhoods.
4. Major improvements to Buckingham Pond
5. No urban blight, groupies, slum lords or
Section 8 housing in our ward/neighborhood.
6. Respect/defend seniors and veterans.
* Restore social security cola's
* No denials or rationing of health care
* No hastening end of life
7. Uphold the U S Constitution, particularly
the First and Second Amendments
Ideally, Sullivan will win. Regardless, your
vote is not wasted.
Your Sullivan write in, together with those
of other voters, sends a strong, clear message
to politicians - this is what we want you to do!
Power to the People!
PS Be sure scroll back through this
and to visit the Buckingham Pond
Crestwood Neighborhood website
for more information about
Sullivan neighborhood actions
and positions on issues vital to
Note: This is the last election that
the old, grey Shoup mechanical
voting machines will be used in
the City of Albany.